Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 4~Project 365

Books! What are books? Lots of things! Books are knowledge, power, imagination, words, the list can go on. For those of you that know me, you know that  I love to read. I read every single day, for pleasure. I love to read pretty much anything, as long as it is a book and has words, I'm good. I am thankful for books for many reasons.
When I am reading, I am at peace. I am in my own world and my brain is working non stop. If I am reading fiction, I am visualizing exactly what everything would look and be like in my head. If I am read non fiction, my brain is working overload to learn and comprehend and retain what I have just read. Reading expands your brain. It makes you smarter. It's good for you!
I have learned so much just from reading a wide variety for pleasure.
To me, reading is my zen. It makes me happy. If I'm stressed out or need some me time, I pick up my current book. I don't even have to feel guilty about it, because it's great for you.
A book is a pleasure created for me to enjoy. So many people say they do not like to read. You just have to find that one book that grabs your attention and go! Find your style of what you like to read. I promise once your in the zone there is no going back.
Lucky for me, my 4 and 7 year old see me reading all the time. Now they are both avid readers. My 7 year old is an awesome reader and actually chooses reading over watching tv. Amen!
WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?

0 comments:

Post a Comment